Saturday, December 18, 2010

Introductions

When I was younger, I would always love to pretend that I had various occupations both legal and not. I would hide away in my closet with my Vtech beginner laptop and pretend that I was the best hacker in the world hiding from the police that were outside asking for me. I would also pretend that I was a famous chef in my kitchen and I would add spices and different ingredients to average foods that honestly did not taste very good. With my imagination anything that I wanted to be or do was within my grasp.

Now that I am in college and halfway done with my Bachelors degree I realize that if I hadn't pretended to be all of these different occupations and tried out all sorts of hobbies that I would not have been as open minded and certain of a person as I am now. In my few decades of existence I have seen the ugly side of people and also the beautiful. The experiences and choices I have made have helped me become myself and I owe everything to the people that have contributed to it and after all this time of thinking I have realized that everyone has a story. Whether it is joyful or filled with hate and suffering, everyones story is their own.

My goal for this blog is to sample a little bit of everything. I want to bring the sides of people's lives that is rarely talked about and hidden away to life and i want to show people that you should not be ashamed of your mistakes and differences. There is a quote that I found in High school that still rings truth now:

"When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
-Charles Evans Hughes

Being different is being free.
I will post photos and stories as I find them and I hope that it helps someone someday. Until the next post I say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment